Friday, July 25, 2008

So It Has Been Awhile...

Wow, 7 months... a long time since I have updated. I was really excited at the beginning of this blog thing, and then I am not sure what happened. Well I think I know - I started teaching in Decatur which was so stressful, and I was working from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed and had absolutely no desire to do anything else. I was worn out. This summer has been very refreshing and confusing all at the same time. Currently I am not sure if I am going back to teaching in Decatur or not. Adam and I will be deciding this by next week. I have been doing some accounting for a family in Clinton this summer and absolutely love it! It has been great having the summer "off" though to be able to do youth ministry with Adam. I have been on 2 trips with them, tonight I am having the girls sleep over - I just feel like I have been able to invest more of myself into his ministry this summer.

So without too much explanation, if I didn't go back to teaching I would stay working for the Martin's and (hopefully - my dream) doing photography on the side. I love everything about taking pictures. I am trying to convince Adam to let me invest a little more money in camera equipment and I think it would pay for itself! I have been doing some senior pictures, but really I want to get a good portfolio started so I can possibly get into weddings! This being said I need to have some people willing to let me take their pictures for free - so if you know anyone that needs engagement pictures, senior pictures, etc. have them call me! I would love to take their pictures.

So that is what is happening right now in the Brucker house, hopefully there will never be 7 months in between posts again.

1 comment:

The Wickershams said...

I know exactly how you feel with the teaching situation. It's no fun to be stressed out and overworked if it doesn't feel "right". I turned down two full time offers to take a job that I really wanted that's only a maternity leave, because I knew it's where I would be happiest! So, it sounds like you are doing that as well! Good luck in your decision making and if you still need people for your photos, perhaps this fall you could snap the Wickersham family Christmas card? haha, I do have two very photogenic dogs too :)

Oh and also, if you need a photography website, check out BluDomain-they have very cool and affordable websites!